International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP)
Programs of the Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs (ECA),
U.S. Department of State, and implemented by IREX
APPLICATION MATERIALS for International Teachers
The U.S. Department of State and IREX (the International Research & Exchanges Board) announce an open competition for two programs that will bring outstanding secondary-level school teachers to the U.S. for a professional development opportunity. International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP) seeks to:
• Enhance teachers’ expertise in their teaching discipline and equip them with a deeper understanding of best practices in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and the use of technology in teaching.
• Create among educators a more nuanced understanding of the U.S.
• Develop productive and lasting relationships and mutual understanding between U.S. and international teachers and their students.
• Contribute to improving teaching in participating countries by preparing participants to serve as teacher leaders, who upon returning home will apply and share their experience and skills with their peers and students.
ELIGIBLE TEACHING DISCIPLINES FOR BOTH PROGRAMS ARE:
• English as a Foreign Language,
• Social Sciences (social studies, civics, history, or geography)
• Mathematics and Science